RVSPL Quick Reference Procedures
As a Course Creator fill
in the below details:
- Select if it is staff only or open to public
- Course # is optional
- Enter title and description – creator may add links to other sites using the link tool
- Enter Contact information
- Prerequisite details if required; costs, instructor material and attendee material list
- Select appropriate categories, departments and audience
- Select the “What’s New List” option
- Creator can select a certificate after completion of the session
- All new courses will be approved by Manny Ferreirinha
To create Sessions to available courses:
- Enter title and location
- Enter maximum number of attendees
- Put in dates and start and finish times (creator may add multiple dates)
- Put in cost (if applicable) and enrollment start and end dates
- Include in 'What's New' List
- Feedback from sessions can be generated ONLY when the creator selects the “Add Feedback Form” when creating a course and after the session is completed and attendance is taken.
- Creator may create, edit, remove, set the order of the questions and preview the default form.
- The attendee automatically receives an email with a link to the feedback form.
- The system allows for the exporting of feedback to a file which may be opened in a spreadsheet program.
Create courses that are INVITE only:
§ Switch on Invite Only at the bottom of the session screen
§ Set the number of invitations the creator wants to make
§ If the creator selects “1” creator will get only one code which may be used for multiple users until the maximum number of attendees have registered.
§ If the creator selects more than one if will produce the number of codes selected.
Forgot Password: If your password isn’t working or you forgot your password, click on the “I forgot my password” link on the RVS Staff Login page.
To Register: Click on “My Learning” on the left hand side of the page. Click on the course that you would like to register. A pop up information page will appear and the “Info & Registration” button is located at the bottom of the page.
A “Help Manual” is available for further information.